My Blog List

Monday, September 23, 2013


/ I have been working on a project for almost a year and I am finally getting a few completed color mock ups of some of the pages. I am working with the Author William H. Coles to transform three of his short stories into digital comics. Its been wonderful as short stories are obviously not written like comics, so there is the scripting of the story which involves stripping down the text to fit to a dialogue format. Then for me there is the great feeling of handling stories which are often far grittier than some of the more mainstream comics which are written within the format for the format. Not all stories are translatable in this way , but its a fascinating process and I hope that in turn many more short story writers will consider this as an option. It brings a whole other dimension to the writing that I know Mr Coles has enjoyed figuring out as much as I have. As well as highlighting the differences between two art forms. Sometimes the relationship between the writer can be distant. Mr Coles and I rolled up our sleeves together and wrestled out all aspects of the plot, the look of the characters and the timeframe with each story. This is a random page from the story obviously as I don't want to give away the plot. All I will venture to say that these stories are not for minors as its adult fiction, but they are potent and definitely leave you thinking about human relationships. The three stories I am illustrating are Homunculus Suchins Escape Reddog You can read them for free on this link, check them out on the following link and you will know which pages I am posting. http://www.storyinliteraryfiction.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment